What better way to celebrate your love than outdoor nuptials amidst friends and family, surrounded by the beauty and grandeur of the ocean under the picture perfect blue sky, sand between your toes and a gentle breeze caressing your skin at a breathtaking Sydney breach!
Whether you desire a classic nautical or more modern bohemian aesthetic, check out some of stunning beach wedding decoration ideas to adorn your beautiful Sydney beach wedding and match the natural effortless elegance of beautiful beach setting.
The Wedding Arch and Aisle
- Create a beautiful beach wedding Aisle with simple bamboo stakes flags and a flowy and light fabric in your choice of colour to match your theme. Instead of choosing fabric, Moroccan lanterns are a great alternative to accessorising a canopy. A ceremony arch with branches and vines also creates a dramatic and dreamy setting against the ocean backdrop. Or Line your aisle with little starfish stuck in the sand.
- Chinese Lanterns, string lights or tiki torches are a great way of creating a dreamy romantic ambiance as well as lighting. Plus sky lights are meant to bring good luck!
- You could also opt for white parasol shades for your gusts that are not only purposeful, but do create a stunning setting against a crisp blue sky.
- Consider your flower girls carrying beautiful sea shells rather than the traditional baskets or have your flower girl wheeled in a cute beach wagon!
- Walk down the aisle with a beautiful and contrasting cluster of bivalve blooms Incorporating different textures and colours into your bouquet for a multifaceted look like pretty petals, starfish, soft feather accents and hard sea Shell Bouquets. Include a mini starfish in your boutonniere.
- Ditch the shoes and instead decorate your feet with gorgeous foot jewellery! These Barefoot Bridal Sandals, also known as toe thongs, anklets, or anklet toe rings make for a lovely little favour for your female gusts too!
- For your guests, have a shoe valet service or a wicker basket where they can drop their shoes in and provide flip flops!
- Have each of your bridesmaid’s carry a gorgeous little parasol in one of your wedding colours.
- Keep kids busy by providing individually named buckets filled with toys for boys and girls.
- Use Driftwood signs to create special ‘His’ and ‘Her’ wedding seats!
Food and Beverages
- Check with your caterers if they can assist in decorating the food tables and bar areas with your theme? After all, we do eat with our eyes first! Consider palm fronds, orchids, paper umbrellas and tables dressed with grass skirts and use tropical fruits to decorate the food displays. Try dressing up the bar too with beach-inspired accessory’s likea whale bottle opener or little paper umbrellas in your cocktails.
- A beach inspired wedding cake covered in edible shells or one with blue-and-white striped ribbon or colours matching to your theme, may be the perfect fit for your beach wedding!
- Work with your caterer to have your seafood presented in sea shells where appropriate and possible.
Place Striped bottles of champagne with nautical bowties at the bar and this will tie in merrily with your beachside wedding!
Favours for Guests
- A beautiful beach inspired favour for your gusts can be a message in a bottle or use the concept as part of your wedding program using similar bottles filled with heartfelt messages for your guests.
- Announce your wedding or send out ‘Thank You’ notes to your gusts in oyster shells.
- Create fun and quirky welcome bags for your wedding party complete with sunscreen, flip-flops, and sunglasses.
- Take your love for the beach a step further and have this reflected in your welcome bags – Print a coastal map or other nautical detail onto a tote for the perfect beach-friendly bag!
- For your party favours – Wrap your boxed treats with coral-printed paper and seal the deal with a scalloped sticker.
- A classic beach towel with your wedding date and bride and groom names can be a fun favour for your guests!
- Enjoy all the elements of nature and incorporate this into your wedding as part of your decor with ideas like writing the bride and groom’s names in the sand or take some sand from your wedding location and preserve it in a small holder – a beautiful token reminiscent of sweet memories for years to come!
- Announce your wedding or send out ‘Thank You’ notes to your gusts in oyster shells that guests have to crack open!
Transform the usual white beach chairs into beautiful flag bunting beach chairs with bunting that matches your wedding colour scheme or add starfish and raffia to your chairs for naturally beautiful decor.
- Nautical details, like ropes, compasses, and sailboats are the perfect addition to any décor whether as part of the general overall theme or as individual and unique centrepieces.
- Dress tables with sculptural shells and coral-like pieces. Oyster Shell garlands make for a beautiful centrepiece too! Or something different; a lighthouse surrounded by beautiful flowers will create a beautiful setting too!
- Glass fishbowls and vases on a bed of sugar-soft sand filled with on a bed of sugar-soft sand, sea urchins, shells, coral, orchids and pillar candles make for a stunning display!
- Hold down table numbers with large knots made from nautical ropes placed in the centre of the table.
- Wow your guests by creating a wishing stones or sea shells Guest Book to write lovely messages on and to prevent these from fading, spray the stones with clear acrylic gloss.
- Likewise Oyster shells make unusual name tags or Shell Place Tags for your wedding guests could be a crafty idea!
And when it’s all done and dusted, go ahead and actually take the plunge in the ocean as Mr. And Mrs.! That’s it for now from the team at Sydney Beach Weddings. More beach wedding decoration ideas to come in the near future.